Hi, I administer a lot of SMTP and POP3 servers. Using the XP telnet client I am able to connect and pass commands to the servers to complete a send or receive session. If I use the telnet client in Windows 7 (32bit) then none of the commands I type are recognised. Does the later version of the client use a different encoding or something, and is it possible to modify this behaviour? Examples below:
Using XP Telnet
L:\>telnet 72.***.***.21 25
220 mx1.email****r.com ESMTP - VA Code Section 18.2-152.3:1 forbids sending spam
through this system
EHLO mail.r******.com
250-smtp86.****.****.r*****.net says EHLO to 81.***.***.129:51342
250-PIPELINING
250-STARTTLS
250-8BITMIME
250-SIZE 75000000
250 ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
QUIT
221 smtp86.****.****.r*****.net closing connection
220 mx1.email****r.com ESMTP - VA Code Section 18.2-152.3:1 forbids sending spam
through this system
EHLO mail.r******.com
250-smtp86.****.****.r*****.net says EHLO to 81.***.***.129:51342
250-PIPELINING
250-STARTTLS
250-8BITMIME
250-SIZE 75000000
250 ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
QUIT
221 smtp86.****.****.r*****.net closing connection
Using Windows 7 Telnet:
C:\Users\*******>telnet 72.***.***.21 25
220 mx1.email****r.com ESMTP - VA Code Section 18.2-152.3:1 forbids sending spam
EHLO mail.r******.com
502 5.5.2 Error: command not recognized
EHLO mail.r******.com
502 5.5.2 Error: command not recognized
QUIT
502 5.5.2 Error: command not recognized
220 mx1.email****r.com ESMTP - VA Code Section 18.2-152.3:1 forbids sending spam
EHLO mail.r******.com
502 5.5.2 Error: command not recognized
EHLO mail.r******.com
502 5.5.2 Error: command not recognized
QUIT
502 5.5.2 Error: command not recognized
Any ideas?
Thanks Alisterg
No comments:
Post a Comment